poem: for my lovely babygirl

For my lovely babygirl

In our slow dance
there was a certain delicate way you knew
to graze your blithe soul against mine,
stirring all tenderness within me.

In the stillness between us.
the only music was your sleek hair
grazing my cheek like flames.

It was a reverent honor to witness
every fine sway of your spirit unbound
as you swirled for your Daddy
in beauty and courage.

The sad skim of your fingertips
was painfully brief when our song ended,
but my brute desire is to guzzle your purity
in terrible drunken glugs
before abiding our shared surrender.

It’s a sin against passion itself
if my chin is not slick with your apricot glory
and still wanting
when you leave me on wobbly legs.

The grace of your slender silken limbs
and the fragility of your shoulders
will live forever harrowed behind my eyelids,
like the sweet scent of girl on my sheets.


rhon drinkwater © 2008


  1. b_bit

    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Daddy and babygirl}}}}}}}}}}}}}} May you both find peace and comfort, darlin.

    Your poem inspired one from me… even though the circumstances are different, the situation hits home so deeply, yanno?


  2. Gabriel

    If you’re willing to chase me, I prisome to run slow.If this is a crush, then I don’t know if I could take the real thing if it happens.You don’t know what you mean to me, you don’t have a clue, you can’t tell by looking at me what I feel for you.I’ve never found the words to say, you’re the one I think about each day.You are what happened when I wished upon a star.Because of you I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a little more.Everyone has a weakness, you just happen to be mine.I have never had a dream come true until the day that I met you.We might not have it all together, but together we have it all.I want to be your last first kiss.The spaces between your fingers fit perfectly with mine.You are what I never knew I always wanted. We are so good together, but both of us need more time to grow.I’m sad to say that it’ll have to wait; maybe some day we’ll know. How many times you have crossed my mind? Just once because you never left.I want to fall for you but I’m not sure you will catch me.My heart is in overdrive and you’re behind the steering wheel.Whenever I see a couple kissing or people holding hands, my heart whispers your name.You’re 90% of the reason why I get up in the morning. The other 10% is the need to pee.Once upon a time, something happened to me, it was the sweetest thing that could ever be; a fantasy, a dream come true. It was the day that I met you.I wrote your name in the sand but the waves washed it away. I wrote your name on my hand but I washed it the next day. I wrote your name on a paper but I accidentally threw it away. I wrote your name in my heart and forever it will stay.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *